Hoi An is the next destination that jtatours.com wants to go with you. But before we go, let’s refer to some of Hoi An - Quang Nam’s self-sufficient travel experiences in 2019 in order to have a perfect trip.
Hoi An travel experience 2019
When should you go to Hoi An? Appropriate time to travel to Hoi An
The climate in Hoi An is clearly divided into 2 seasons - rainy and dry seasons. Each season has its own characteristics. But according to Hoi An's self-sufficient travel experience, we should go to Hoi An at these 4 following times:
- The 14th of every lunar month: It’s is extremely wonderful and interesting if you come to Hoi An at this time. Because on the day of the full moon, all families in Hoi An Ancient Town will turn off all electric lights and light up the lanterns. Therefore, you will have a chance to admire a mysterious and beautiful scene that normally only seen on TV. Not only that, the festivals and the excellent performances will not make you regret coming to Hoi An at this time of the month.
- When should you travel to Hoi An next? February to April: Around this time, Hoi An's weather is particularly cool and pleasant, very suitable for those who want to come here to relax.
- May to July: This is the time near the end of the dry season in Hoi An. The weather is great for you to go to the beach and Cham Island (Cu Lao Cham). This is also the ideal time for Hoi An tourism because the weather is suitable for all sightseeing activities.
- October to December: If you want to experience the feeling of sailing in the old town of Hoi An, come here at this time. This is the beginning of the rainy season in Hoi An and the old town is submerged in water, so people have to travel around by boats. But if you go to Hoi An at this time, make sure that your travel plans will be hindered by the rain. So think carefully before going at this time.
Transportation to Hoi An
How can you travel to Hoi An? Cars and planes are the two main means of transport that will take you to Hoi An. However, if traveling by plane, you will have to go to Da Nang airport, then take a bus, motorbike or taxi to Hoi An.
Transportation in Hoi An
You can visit Hoi An by taxi, motorbike, bicycle, cyclo or on foot. If you use a motorbike, remember an important note that is to master the streets that have a strictly prohibited time for motorbike to avoid being fined.
In the evening, you can take a walk or a cyclo to go along the Thu Bon River to see the magnificent beauty of Hoi An at night. But according to Hoi An's travel experience, it is best to walk, not only for sightseeing but also to enjoy the street food here.
Beautiful hotels with good prices that you should stay when traveling Hoi An
Where should you stay when traveling to Hoi An? As a developed tourist city, the hotel, motel and homestay service in Hoi An is very developed. However, you still have to remember carefully the experience of hotel booking in Hoi An - "make a reservation as soon as possible" because the accommodation here is usually fully booked.
You can contact JTA Tours’ hotline: ++ 84 90 493 0000 to make a reservation for your stay in Hoi An.
The outstanding tourist destinations in Hoi An
Where should you go when traveling to Hoi An? You have a lot of different choices, from tourist destinations in and outside Hoi An area. Below are some advice about famous places in Hoi An that you should not ignore:
- Tourist destinations in Hoi An:
Let’s start the tour in Hoi An with some interesting destinations in the city. If you think that in Hoi An city, the ancient town is the only place to visit, you should think again, because right in the city center, there are already more than a dozen places to visit. Typical can be mentioned as:
- Phuc Kien Assembly Hall (Kim An Pagoda): 46 Tran Phu, Hoi An
- Pagoda Bridge (Japanese Bridge, Friendship Bridge - Lai Vien Kieu): Hoi An Ancient Town Center.
- Some museums: Museum of folklore, Hoi An Museum of culture and history, Hoi An Museum of trade ceramics, Museum of Sa Huynh culture, etc.
- Ancient houses: Quan Thang Ancient house, Tan Ky Ancient house, Phung Hung Ancient house, etc.
- Houses of traditional cultural performances, factories producing handicrafts and traditional musical instruments, the legendary wall in Hoang Van Thu street, alley of ancient wells, etc.
- Tourist destinations around Hoi An:
According to Hoi An - Quang Nam self-sufficient tourism experience, if you have set your foot in Hoi An, you should also go to the tourist destinations located within 10km radius of Hoi An, such as:
- Cham Island (Cu Lao Cham) - the island of wild and rustic beauty. You can sleep in a homestay or camp on the island.
- An Bang beach - one of the 50 most beautiful beaches on the planet.
- Cua Dai Beach - one of the most beautiful and poetic beaches in Vietnam with white sandy beaches and green coconut palms.
- Hoi An craft villages: Kim Bong carpentry village, Thanh Ha pottery village, Tra Que vegetable village.
View more: Hoi An tourist attractions that cannot be missed
Places of entertainment in Hoi An
Vinpearl Land Hoi An
Vinpearl Land Hoi An is Hoi An's leading entertainment complex with magnificent scale, only about 7km from Hoi An ancient town. Apart from the unique architectural works, beautiful flower gardens and castle, there are also countless entertaining and exciting games for both children and adults.
Traditional performing arts
Address: 66 Bach Dang street, Hoi An City
Water puppet art performance
Address: 548 Hai Ba Trung, Hoi An City
Exciting water sports games such as: jetski (water jet bike), canoes, rubber canoe, kayak, paragliding, windsurfing, banana boat riding, diving (diving and deep diving), fishing, kite flying, football on sand, etc. at Cua Dai beach and Cu Lao Cham island, etc.
Hoi An Cinema. Address: 47 Phan Chu Trinh, Hoi An city.
Cruise on Hoai River - Address: Hoai River Square, Hoi An City - Telephone: 0510.3910035.
Interesting experiences when traveling to Hoi An
- Walking around the Old Town at night
- Dropping flower lanterns
- Enjoying coffee in Hoi An
- Making fashion items taken right away
- Going to the beach
- Playing traditional games
- Buying a lantern as a souvenir
- Arriving in Hoi An on the full moon day
What to eat when coming to Hoi An? Good food in Hoi An
What to eat when traveling to Hoi An? Hoi An is famous for its street food, typically including “banh uot thit nuong” – steamed rice pancake with grilled meat, Cao Lau – Hoi An noodles with pork and green, Quang style noodles – noodles with pork and shrimp, “che” - sweet soup, “banh mi”, etc.
Here are some famous eating addresses in Hoi An with good price that you can refer to:
- Banh mi Phuong (2b Phan Chau Trinh, Hoi An) và Madam Khanh (115 Tran Cao Van, Hoi An)
- “Banh bao/ banh vac” - Dumplings with pork/ shrimp: Quan Hoa Hong Trang, 533 Hai Ba Trung, Hoi An.
- Pho Hoi Chicken rice: Com ga Ba Buoi (26 Phan Chau Trinh), com ga Ba Huong – Kiet (alley) Sica, com ga Ba Minh (Phan Chau Trinh street), Com ga ba Dung (Ly Thuong Kiet street), com ga Ong Xi (Kiet Ba Le), etc.
- Cao Lau: Quan my Quang ong Hai (near Yaly's textile factory, right at the old light factory, located on Truong Minh Luong street). The market at the intersection of water wells, Tran Phu street, opposite Ong pagoda.
- Grilled skewers can be found in any street, alley in Hoi An.
- Wonton: Van Loc Restaurant on Tran Phu Street, or 26 Thai Phien Restaurant.
- Snacks in Hoi An, “banh dap” (Vietnamese rice crackers) – mixed baby clams – Corn sweet soup: Quan Ben Tre (Through Cam Nam Bridge 100m, turn left).
- “Banh xeo Hoi An” – Hoi An Crepe (Gieng Ba Le, Phan Chu Trinh alley; Bale Well - 45/51 Tran Hung Dao); “Banh uot” - Steamed rice pancake (food street along Hoai river); Quang noodle, “banh beo” - Bloating fern-shaped cake, etc.
What should you buy as a gift when traveling to Hoi An?
If you are wondering about some Hoi An specialties to buy as gifts to your friends and family, there are many choices like the Phuoc Kieu bronze statue, priced at VND 130,000 – VND 350,000 depending on the size. Or you can buy copper drums, gongs, stuffed animals, bells, or lanterns, wood carvings, Hoi An silk, etc. These are also attractive gifts that you should not ignore to give your friends and relatives after your trip to Hoi An.
Some travel schedules to Hoi An for your reference:
- Full Day Da Nang & Hoi An City Tour - 1 Day
- Center Vietnam Stopover - 4 Days
- Best Heritage Vietnam Tour - 9 Days
Hopefully, the information that JTA Tours shared above will provide you with useful information for your tour to Hoi An. If you find this information useful, please share or save the article for reference when needed.
Hue ancient citadel tops tourist destinations in Viet Nam
Man-made ‘beach’ to open soon in Ha Noi
Siem Reap's Unlikely Culinary Treasure
Top 5 Tips for a Safe Beach Holiday in Halong Bay
Vang Vieng "The fun capital of Laos" happy pizzas & Tubing
Electric Tram Tours of Chiang Mai City